Opening Reception | Friday, April 5th | 6-8 pm
Exhibition Dates | April 3rd– May 3rd
“EAC’s Third Juried Show” is themed this year! The theme is entitled “Structure(d)” and encompasses all media. When thinking about “Structure(d)”, what does that mean to you. Structure has many meanings to many people. Webster’s dictionary defines “Structure(d)” as; (1) something arranged in a definite pattern of organization, (2) organization of parts as dominated by the general character of the whole, (3) the aggregate of elements of an entity in their relationships to each other. What does “Structure(d)” mean to You?
The Edwardsville Arts Center, a community visual arts center located on the campus of Edwardsville High School, Edwardsville, Illinois and the juror for this year is Paulette Myers.
- Entries Due: March 1, 2013
- Exhibition: April 3 – May 3, 2013
- Opening Reception: April 5, 2013 (6-8pm)
- See complete list of key dates below under heading “Calender”
- Juror: Paulette Myers / Professor Paulette Myers, Head of Jewelry and Metalsmithing, received her MFA degree from Washington University in St. Louis, MO, and has exhibited and presented her research to metalsmithing conventions both nationally and internationally. She avidly continues research in reticulation and perforation. This latter research is included in the book entitled Metalsmithing Papers, a collection of ten original research papers organized by the Society of North American Goldsmiths. Professor Myers has also organized major artistic endeavors in St. Louis including the 1992 Korean/American Symposium and Exhibitions consisting of Metals and Fiber/Arts. This event alone brought in fourteen Korean and American speakers and four workshops. She also co-chaired the 1999 Society of North American Goldsmiths’ Convention, arranging a number of national and international exhibits, and hosted conference workshops at the SIUE Metals Department for the event. Professor Myers gives workshops nationally, such as the 2001 Silverworks Ill, where she specifically demonstrated reticulation of large scale hollowware and forming for the Society of American Silversmiths.
- Judging will be done on JPEGS on CD / or video on DVD.
- Only entries delivered to the Edwardsville Arts Center by March 2, 2013 will be considered.
- Artists may submit up to three (3) works.
- Accepted work not accurately depicted by images submitted will not be installed.
- Juror’s decisions are final.
- Open to artists 19 years of age and older
- Original works in all media
- (except works that rely on the internet for display)
- Completed in the last three years
- Student work can not be assigned classroom work.
- EAC Members: $20.00
- Non-Members: $30.00
- Non-refundable fee is required per artist for up to 3 submissions.
- To become a current member, please call EAC at 618-655-0337.
- Make checks payable to: Edwardsville Arts Center
The juror will select a number of works for awards of excellence.
- March 02, 2013 – Deadline for delivering submissions to EAC
- March 15, 2013 – Notifications emailed
- March 22, 2013 – Deliver accepted work to EAC
- April 3, 2013 – Show Opens
- April 5, 2013 – Reception Opening, 6-8pm
- May 3, 2013 – Show Closes
- May 4, 2013 – Pick-up of exhibited work at EAC from 11:00 am– 3:00pm / Or make special arrangements (Shipped work returned ASAP)
Framing & Presentation
- Wall displayed art must be framed and equipped with hanging wires.
- All art work including framing and presention must be ready to install and no larger than 6′ x 6′.
- Work may or may not be for sale.
- Video, film, or performance artists, please make special arrangements.
Sales and Purchases Terms of Agreement
The Edwardsville Arts Center is often successful in selling exhibited work. The artist recives 60% and EAC receives 40% commission on all sales. Work remains the property of the artist until sold. EAC provides insurance on all artwork while in possession of the EAC.
The Edwardsville Arts Center reserves the right to photograph all exhibited works for publication, publicity and education.
- Judging will be done using JPEGS saved to CD or video on DVD.
- One image per 2-D work, one additional (optional) image for 3-D work
- Art must be available during duration of exhibition dates.
- Artwork must not exceed 6′ x 6′ in size.
- Entries must comply with regulations or will be disqualified.
- For digital images saved as standard JPEGS onto CD minimum 800 x 800 ppi, maximum 1600 x 1600 ppi
- Submit JPEG in proper viewing orientation.
- Identification for each JPEG should read: last_name_image_number. jpeg (example: jones_image_01.jpeg)
- Jpegs must accurately depict actual art.
- Required “image reference sheet ” with a color thumbnail for each entry, corresponding jpeg image and number
- Download and complete Excel “Inventory List” provided below with the flyer and entry form to complete title of work, media, size, and price, etc.
- Label CD with your full name, email address
- Place in protective cover.
- DVD Accepted for film, video, or performance only.
- If selected for exhibition, artists must provide all necessary equipment to present work.
- CDs / DVDs and paperwork will NOT be returned.
Instructions for Entering
GUIDELINES – Flyer: Structure(d) Juried Show – Guidelines – Flyer
COMPLETE – Inventory List: “Structure(d)” Juried Show – Inventory List (2 of 2)
INCLUDE: CD/DVD with image reference sheet
LABEL: your documents as requested
For any questions related to the Structure(d) Juried Show direct them to the email address above.